Shri S.K. Bhandari takes Charge of CGM ,Inspection Circle with effect
from 11 June 2012.
Inspection Circle was formed on 1st June 1950
as a consequence of winding up the then
development branch of the P & T Directorate. It has
ever since been a functional wing of the Directorate
having jurisdiction over the entire country.
It inherited from the Development Branch the
functions of execution of major development
projects and the work of standardization & issue
of technical instructions.
1) Inspection of Telephone Exchanges, Broadband Nodes and GSM/WLL BTSs.
2) Acceptance Testing of GSM/ WLL/ WiMAX, Broadband, Switching and Transmission systems, IT related works etc.
3) Sample check of Installation Tested and accepted by Territorial Circles.
4) Survey of QoS for Basic, Mobile & Broadband services of BSNL.
5) Issue of Test schedules and Engineering Instructions.
6) Power & Telecom Co-ordination Committee.
7) Co-Ordination with TEC for Preparation of GR.
8) Investigation of fire cases.
9) Participation in validation Test Cases.
10) Publishing Telecommunications Journal.
11) Technical discussion with vendors.